Storytelling the Sustainable Energy Transition: A Media Workshop
The annual CARICOM Energy Month (CEM) continues this year under the theme ‘From Dependence to Resilience: “Fueling” our Recovery with Sustainable Energy’. Many CARICOM countries have set goals to transition to a more sustainable energy sector and are making strides to reach them. It is impossible to complete a transition of this magnitude without society’s inclusion. To facilitate public awareness of the changes in the energy sector these must first be narrated in the public media.
The CCREEE therefore invites journalists and media representatives to attend a Media Sensitization Workshop, entitled ‘Storytelling the Sustainable Energy Transition’ on 29 November 2021 at 10:00am AST. The workshop will take place on the CEM virtual platform and feature recent, important data covering individual member states and the region at large. The goal of the event is to assist with narrating the sustainable energy transition. You can expect to gain:
• An understanding of the importance of the shift to renewable energy, including general
• Insights into the region’s energy sector, current status and goals for the future;
• Information specific to each CARICOM member state;
• Access to the experts in the field;
• Connections to spaces to watch in the renewable energy sector